Desert Shores is a very special community in the sense that it features waterfront properties in the middle of the Mojave Desert. It is a masterplan community that has various types of communities within it’s borders. You are located next to a few other masterplan communities such as Sun City Summerlin and Summerlin. This community is right in the heart of plenty of things to do and visit, and we’re here to cover some of our favorite spots. (along with some other important places to know)
Let’s talk about the highlights and features of this community first!
- Library is called Rainbow Library and is located right outside the community on Buffalo Drive and Cheyenne Avenue.
- This community features trails throughout and even has waterfront places to sit and relax at all 5 of the lakes.
- It is very pet friendly and even has various types of animals such as ducks, geese, turtles etc.
It is important to know which schools your children would be zoned for and here they are from youngest to eldest grades:
- Derfelt Herbert A (elementary school)
- Johnson Walter (middle school)
- Bonanza (high school)
Our favorite restaurants in the area based on our experiences are:
- The Americana – They feature various cuisines and nestled in the shopping center in Desert Shores. (David actually figured out his shellfish allergies there from their amazing paia) This restaurant is perfect for that date night right on the rare waterfront in Las Vegas)
- Buca De Beppo – Families will love their portion sizes here along with their incredible italian cuisine. If you plan to go alone, lunch time has smaller portions. (Or you can stick with family size and save some for dinner)
- Babystacks – Breakfast and brunch with plenty of options for everyone. Although they are famously known for their pancakes, definitely recommend trying their sandwiches out for lunch!
Mountainview Hospital is the closest hospital to the area and also features an expanding medical district with many medical providers.
The closest grocery stores to Desert Shores are:
Last but not least, the bars!